COM Surrogates are a Windows 10 feature that allows you to use any COM-based application on other PCs, even if they don’t have the same version of Windows. The only problem is that your PC may not be able to automatically find the correct one for your device anymore. Here’s how to fix it.
The “how to fix com surrogate has stopped working” is a problem that can occur on Windows 10 PCs. The “com surrogate has stopped working” error message indicates that the COM Surrogate DLL Host Service process has stopped working.
Update: Use our optimization tool to stop receiving error messages and slowing down your machine. Click here to get it right now.
The error message “COM Surrogate has ceased operating” or “DLL host is not responding” is an odd and annoying occurrence. Although COM Surrogate faults are rarely fatal, they might be inconvenient if they occur often enough.
COM Surrogate refers to the dllhost.exe processes that act as a barrier between Windows Explorer and individual DLL hosts that are prone to failure. DLLs that operate with multimedia thumbnails, in particular. There are several others, but this is one of the most popular.
If one of these DLLs dies, COM Surrogate assures that the whole Windows Explorer will not fail. Consider it the first line of defense for maintaining system stability.
When COM Surrogate (dllhost.exe) stops operating, what causes it to do so?
Applications need executable files, such as dllhost.exe, since they dictate how the computer accomplishes specific activities. When you click on these files, the computer scans the instructions established by the software creators, and then the apps are run.
If the dllhost.exe file is missing or corrupted, a dllhost.exe application error displays, which prohibits programs from starting. This is a sign that the gadget isn’t working properly.
These are the most common causes of dllhost.exe COM errors. Surrogate mistake:
- Erroneous registry entries
- Updates for Windows are not being installed.
- dllhost.exe files that have been deleted, damaged, or corrupted (fix corrupted files).
COM If your computer is infected with a virus, you may see a surrogate error.
How can I fix the error notice ‘COM Surrogate has ceased operating (dllhost.exe)’?
Update for November 2021:
You may now use this program to avoid PC issues such as file loss and infection by utilizing it. It’s also a terrific method to get the most out of your computer’s performance. The software easily repairs common Windows system faults – no need to spend hours debugging when you have the correct answer right at your fingertips:
- Step 1: Get the PC Repair & Optimizer Tool (Microsoft Gold Certified for Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, and Vista).
- Step 2: Select “Start Scan” to look for Windows registry issues that might be causing your computer to malfunction.
- Step 3: To address all faults, click “Repair All.”
dllhost.exe should be added to the DEP exception list.
- Hold down the Windows logo key on your keyboard, then hit R to bring up the startup window.
- To access the control panel, type control in the box and click OK.
- If the icons are too big or too little, go to System.
- Then, in the pop-up box, choose Advanced System Settings.
- Click Settings in the Performance dialog box.
- In the Data Execution Prevention window, enable DEP for all programs and services except the one I chose.
- After that, go to C:WindowsSysWOW64 or System32 (depending on your system).
- Double-click dllhost after scrolling down.
- To save your settings, click Apply -> OK.
The graphics driver must be reset.
- To open the program’s runtime window, hold down the Windows logo key and hit R on your keyboard.
- Press Enter after typing devmgmt.msc.
- Locate the Display Adapters section and expand it.
- Select Properties from the context menu of your video card driver.
- Under Driver, choose the option you wish to see. Then choose Reset Driver from the drop-down menu.
RECOMMENDED: To resolve Windows issues and improve system performance, go here.
Most Commonly Asked Questions
Watch This Video-
The “how to fix com surrogate high cpu usage in windows 10” is a problem that has been present for a while. The dllhost.exe process is responsible for the high CPU usage and it can be fixed by following these steps.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I fix Dllhost EXE COM Surrogate?
A: When your computer has a problem with Dllhost.exe or any of its other files, the first step is to try and fix it manually by browsing through some basic Windows settings. If that doesnt work then you can download an application called dllhostfix which will attempt to repair your systems registry entries associated with this file so that these errors stop showing up again in the future.
How do I fix COM Surrogate has stopped working?
A: In order to fix this, you must first turn your PS4 off and then back on.
How do I fix COM Surrogate has stopped working Windows 10 64 bit?
A: If the Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry Service stops working, it may be due to a corrupt installation of Windows 10. To fix this issue you can reinstall Windows 10 and remove all programs that were installed after its initial release on October 2018.
- how to fix com surrogate has stopped working in windows 7
- com surrogate has stopped working windows 10
- how do i fix com surrogate has stopped working windows 7 64-bit
- com surrogate has stopped working windows 8
- dllhost.exe com surrogate high disk