In this article, you will learn how to hide the bookmark bar in Chrome by using a simple keyboard shortcut. This can come in handy when you want to focus on what is directly ahead of your browser window and not worry about accidentally clicking one of those pesky bookmarks.
The “how to hide bookmark bar in chrome new tab” is a question that has been asked many times. In this article, we will show you how to hide the bookmark bar on your Chrome browser.
How to Hide the Bookmark Bar in Chrome | How to Hide the Bookmark Bar in Chrome with a Shortcut
Google Chrome is a web browser that was created by Google and launched in 2008. It is used to access the internet and comes with a number of built-in features such as a search bar, a bookmark bar, and so on.
What is the purpose of a Bookmarks Bar?
The Chrome Bookmarks Bar is located underneath the Omnibox in the browser. It displays your favorites, which enable you to get to any website with a single click. Bookmarks cannot be used to rapidly visit web sites in Chrome. From new tab pages or the home page, the bookmarks bar cannot be deleted.
Learn how to hide bookmark bar chrome in this free tutorial if your bookmark toolbar is taking up too much screen space. In Chrome, hiding the bookmark bar is simple. Take the following steps:
How to Hide the Bookmark Bar in Chrome in Five Ways
1. Disable the Bookmarks Bar in Chrome to Hide the Bookmarks Bar
Google added the ability to deactivate the bookmark bars in version 69. If you’re using an earlier version of Chrome, you’ll need to update to the most current version to use this feature.
- On your computer, open the Google Chrome browser. Click the Chrome menu icon (3 vertical dots) in the top-right corner of the screen to access the menu options.
- Choose “Settings” from the drop-down menu towards the bottom. The dialog window for changing the settings will appear.
- To get started, go to the main settings menu (3 horizontal lines on the top-left corner of the screen). The configuration options will appear as a result of this.
- Select “Appearance” from the drop-down menu.
- Deselect the “Show bookmarks bar” option on the “Appearance” screen. When the switch becomes white, the bookmarks bar on the screen is hidden.
2. Using the Bookmarks Menu, Hide the Bookmark Bar in Chrome
- To access the menu options, open Chrome and go to the settings icon in the top-left corner.
- Hover over “Bookmarks” with your mouse. As a consequence, the menu will be stretched to the left. To remove the Google bookmarks bar from your browser screen, uncheck the “Show Bookmarks Bar” option on the menu list.
Read | 10 Fun Games For MacBook | Best Free Mac Games 2021
3. Using keyboard keys, hide the bookmark bar in Chrome.
- To begin, use the Chrome web browser;
- With the cursor, right-click on the bookmark bar;
- A drop-down option will appear;
- Scroll down the menu until you find “Show bookmarks bar” (which is marked with a checkbox);
- To make the tick disappear, tap it. It’s also a good idea to hide the bookmark toolbar.
- Ctrl + Shift + B is a shortcut to hide the bookmark bar in Chrome.
Also Read: Best Guide to Installing Google Chrome on FireStick | 2021 Updated!
4. Disable the Bookmark Bar on Google Chrome’s New Tab Page by pressing Windows key + R.
- Hold down the Windows key and the R key at the same time.
- Press OK after entering Regedit.
- In the Registry Editor, go to the following location: ComputerHKEY LOCAL MACHINESOFTWAREPolicies GoogleChrome
- When you right-click on the Chrome key, choose New > DWORD (32-bit) Value from the context menu.
- The value’s name should be changed to BoomarkBarEnabled.
- When you right-click on the BookmarkBarEnabled value, choose Modify from the context menu.
- In the Data field, type 0 and hit OK.
- When you reload Google Chrome and start a new browser, the bookmark bar is no longer visible.
Once you’ve disabled the bookmark bar in the Registry Editor, you can’t activate or disable it in Chrome settings.
Install Chrome right now!!!
5. Transfer Bookmarks to a new location
- Fire up Google Chrome.
- Press Ctrl+SHIFT+O at the same time to access the bookmark management page.
- Ctrl + A will select all bookmarks.
- To erase all bookmarks from this site, use Ctrl + X.
- Select Other Bookmarks from the left menu.
- To paste all of the bookmarks you copied in the previous step into this folder, press CTRL + V.
By clicking on other bookmarks, you may now access all of your favorites. You may even change the name if you like.
Finally, you learned how to conceal the bookmark bar in Chrome, and if you have any questions, please use the comment section below to ask them.
Watch This Video-
The “how to hide bookmark bar shortcut” is a tutorial that will teach you how to hide the bookmark bar in Chrome. The bookmark bar is located on the top of your screen, and it can be hidden by pressing Ctrl + Shift + B.
- hide bookmark bar chrome shortcut
- how to hide bookmarks from appearing in chrome search bar android
- can’t hide bookmarks bar chrome
- how to hide bookmark bar on mac
- hide bookmarks bar safari