Media Creation Tool error 0x80042405-0xa001b can be caused by multiple things. One of the most common causes is a corrupted Windows 10 installation. This article will show you how to fix this error on your own, without needing to reinstall or call Microsoft for help.
The windows 10 media creation tool error 0x80070005 – 0xa001b is a problem that has been present for a while. Microsoft has released a fix to fix the issue.
If you are one of the people who is experiencing error code 0x80042405 – 0xa001b while using the Windows 10 operating system, this post will teach you how to repair the media creation tool.
The Media Creation Tool is available to all Windows 10 users. It enables you to save a Windows 10 installation file on a flash drive or DVD and reinstall the operating system with it.
The error code 0x80042405 may be caused by a variety of factors. It’s usually because of disk settings, which prohibit you from generating a bootable USB drive. You may also be seeing problem 0x80042405 – 0xa001b due to a lack of capacity on your USB device on which you are attempting to build installation media. As a result, be ready to tackle the problem.
Simple Solutions for Windows 10 Media Creation Tool Error 0x80042405-0xa001b
First, reformat the USB drive.
Many people claim that reformatting USB devices solves the Windows Media Creation Tool issue.
The steps are as follows:
- Right-click your USB disk in This PC.
- Choose a format.
- Uncheck the “Quick Format” option and choose FAT32 as the drive type.
- Once the formatting is complete, rerun the Windows Media Creation Tool to see whether the problem has been resolved.
Solution 2: Save the Media Creation Tool to the USB Drive by copying or downloading it.
You may avoid this problem by downloading the Windows Media Creation Tool files directly to a USB drive rather than any other local disk on your computer. You may need to download the files first to your local computer, then transfer them to the USB device in certain instances.
To transfer the Windows Media Creation Tool files from your PC’s hard drive to your USB device, follow these steps:
- First and foremost, save the Media Creation Tool to your computer’s local disk.
- Start the program.
- Choose Create installation media (USB flash drive) from the drop-down menu. Then choose another PC (through DVD or ISO file) and click the Next button.
- Then, in the box, choose language, architecture, and edition, and then click Next.
- Make a decision on the media to utilize. Select USB flash drive and click Next if you’re making a bootable USB disk.
- Then, from the list of disks connected to the PC, pick your USB drive and click Next.
- Allow for the completion of the downloading procedure.
- When you’re finished, click Finish.
Convert Your USB Drive To MBR (Solution 3) (Master Boot Record)
If your USB drive is configured to GPT, convert it to MBR. Follow the procedures below to manually configure it:
- In the Run dialog box, press Windows + R and type “disk part.”
- Click the OK button.
- “List disk” is the command to use.
- Enter the code.
- “Select disk x” is the command to use. (The number ‘x’ refers to the disk you wish to utilize.)
- Now enter “clean” at the command prompt.
- Then put in “convert mbr.”
Your USB drive has been successfully converted to an MBR. Check to see whether the error code 0x80042405 – 0xa001b is still present.
Solution 4: Run CHKDSK to check for errors on the hard drive.
In Windows, there is a tool called “chkdsk” that checks for errors. It examines a disk’s filesystem (NTFS, FAT32) for logical filesystem faults and verifies the integrity of the filesystem, including filesystem information.
To execute the CHKDSK command, follow these steps:
- Using the Windows + S keys, open the Search box.
- Type “cmd prompt” into the search box, then right-click on Command Prompt and choose “Run as administrator” from the drop-down menu.
- Copy and paste the following command into the command prompt, then press Enter.
CHKDSK [volume [[filename]] [[path]] [/F] [/V] [/R] [/X] [/C] [: dimensions]]
- If you’re asked to perform CHKDSK, simply say yes and restart your computer.
Solution 5: Turn off USB Selective Suspend.
- To open the Control Panel, press Windows + S and enter “Control Panel” into the search box.
- Select Power Options from the Control Panel menu.
- Now, on the left, click Change while the computer sleeps.
- Change advanced power settings by clicking on it.
- Expand USB options, and then choose USB selective suspend.
- To save the changes, click OK.
This method will prevent the USB device from going into suspension mode, and the error number 0x80042405 will be avoided.
We hope you now have a good understanding of how to fix Windows 10 Media Creation Tool Error 0x80042405 – 0xa001a using the methods provided above.
If you know of another technique that works, please let us know. We’ll include it in this article.
The there was a problem running this tool windows 10 is an error that has been present for a while. Microsoft has released 3 fixes to fix the issue.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is error code 0xc180010c 0xa001b?
This error code is a result of a hardware failure on your machine. It can be caused by overheating, a faulty power supply, or other similar issues that cause the system to shut down.
How do I fix media creation tool?
If you are having trouble with the media creation tool, try restarting your computer.
Why is my media creation tool not working?
This is a very common problem. It usually happens when your computers firewall has been disabled and you need to enable it before the program will work.
- windows media creation tool
- windows 10 media creation tool error 0x80042405 – 0xa001a
- windows 10 media creation tool not booting
- windows media creation tool not detecting usb
- windows 10 iso